Help With A Federal Agency

If you are having issues with federal programs or a federal agency, my staff and I can often help you answer questions, find resources, or resolve problems. While I cannot ask an agency to circumvent its rules, force it to make a certain determination or revisit a decision that is considered final, we can make inquiries about the status of your situation and review the steps taken thus far to ensure your case is being handled properly.

I am required by The Privacy Act of 1974 to provide written proof of consent to federal agencies that I have permission to make inquiries and receive information on a constituent's behalf.  If your issue is individual in nature and not a general question, you may wish to provide me with a completed and signed copy of my privacy release form, found below. 

You may call my office at 301-545-1500 or email for more information. 

For issues related to the Department of Homeland Security's Immigration and Customs Enforcement (detainment and/or deportation), please also provide a completed and signed copy of ICE's privacy release.